The comfortable drive depends not only on the condition of the tyres and the proper maintenance of all other parts but also on the types of car seats. Car seats are a typical point of attraction. They can change the appearance of the interior completely. Here are the various types of seats for car that you must be aware of.
However, apart from concentrating on the car seat, one must also opt for cushions. Car seat cushions especially prove helpful during long journeys. They can act as a potential support to the back and lower the tension. If you own a luxury car, you can opt for seat cushions of your car brand to make the interior look more sophisticated.
But quality is an essential aspect you must remember while opting for seat cushions or any other vehicle accessories. This will help you to emerge as cost-effective in the long run. Select accessories for your vehicle that are designed and manufactured by renowned brands.
Various Types of Car Seats to Choose From:
Based on materials used in the designing and manufacturing car seats, they can be categorised into various types. Read below to gain extensive knowledge of the various types of car seats and their advantages and disadvantages.
Fabric Car Seats:
Fabric car seats are made from various fabrics, including cotton, polyester, or nylon. Fabric seats are usually lightweight, making them easy to handle and clean. These kinds of seats possess both pros and cons.
Advantages of Fabric Car Seats:
- Comfort: A notable advantage of fabric seats is that they offer the riders the utmost comfort as they are softer than any other seat. Therefore, if you are heading on a long journey, you will be benefitted from fabric car seats.
- Appearance: You can choose from various colours and designs with fabric seats. Therefore, one can match the car seat with the car’s style to enhance the interior’s ambiance.
- Breathability: Unlike vinyl or leather seats, fabric seats are breathable. This makes them preferable during the summer season or humid weather.
- Cost Effective: The cost of fabric seats is lower than that of vinyl or leather. Thus, they can also be an affordable option for car owners.
Disadvantages of Fabric Car Seats:
- Vulnerable to spills and stains: Although cost-effective, fabric seats are more vulnerable to spills or any other substance than leather or vinyl. These stains might be permanent and are quite difficult to remove.
- Durability: The durability of fabric seats is less if used regularly. Moreover, exposure to sunlight might also result in early decay.
- Odours: Fabric seats retain and absorb odours more frequently than other materials.
- Allergies: People might be allergic to a specific fabric such as polyester or nylon. Therefore they can be quite discomforting for them.
Leather Car Seats:
As the name suggests, leather car seats are made of leather and offer the utmost durability. It also enhances the aesthetic appeal of the car interior. The material is easy to clean and maintain, but the maintenance cost is higher than other materials used in car seats. Let’s look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of leather car seats.
Advantages of Leather Car Seats:
- Enhanced Durability: Leather is universally known for its durability. The material can withstand rough and regular use and doesn’t tend to fade or wear out quickly.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The aesthetic appeal of leather makes people drawn toward it. It will instantly add a touch of sophistication to the vehicle interior.
- Hypoallergenic: Leather seats do not tend to retain or absorb dust, pollen, or other allergens. Therefore they are the best choice for people who are prone to allergies.
- Easy To Clean: It is extremely easy to clean leather seats as they don’t entertain stubborn stains. In case of spills, one can easily wipe them away with a piece of a damp cloth.
Disadvantages of Leather Car Seats:
- Higher Cost: Leather seats are comparatively more expensive than any other material. This, however, increases the vehicle’s overall cost.
- Thermal Issues: leather seats come with thermal issues as they can become excessively hot when parked in the sunlight for a long. Similarly, they can become extremely cold in cold weather, making sitting on them uncomfortable.
- Cost of Maintenance: The maintenance cost of leather seats is comparatively higher. One must purchase a leather cleaning solution to keep them glossy and in good condition.
Faux Leather Seats:
This type of car seat is called leatherette or synthetic leather. They are made of PVC or vinyl and are designed to provide the exact feel and looks of real leather. For people who love the aesthetic appeal of leather but are searching for an affordable option, faux leather seats are convenient.
Advantages of Faux Car Seats:
- Cost: faux car seats are less expensive than genuine leather while providing the appearance and feel of leather.
- Eco-Friendly: These seats are primarily made from synthetic or recycled materials, so they are an eco-friendly option.
- Easy To Maintain: These seats are easy to maintain and clean, as stains can be whipped away simply with damp cotton.
Disadvantages of Faux Car Seats:
- Thermal Issues: Just like real leather, synthetic leathers have thermal issues. It becomes extremely heated or cool with temperature changes.
- Synthetic Appearance: Although faux seats are similar in appearance to leather seats, a difference can be detected in bare eyes.
Knowing all these types of car seats would prove beneficial in making the cost of the car affordable. However, installing sophisticated car seats is still ongoing; you must maintain them properly. Carorbis brings you quality vehicle maintenance accessories at customer-friendly prices. Maintain your car well with Carorbis.
Also, read this: Benefits of Organic Foods for Health and Nutrition